- Who can get admission in your Institute?
Rising Sun Institute (RSI) for special children is catering to the educational and training needs of children with intellectual impairment, cerebral palsy, Autism, Down’s syndrome, Micro cephalous, hydrocephalous, visual impairment and multiple disabilities.
- What is the age limit for admission in your institute?
- We provide early intervention facilities to children less than three years of age.
- A child above 3 years of age can either get enrolled in our regular day school (five days a week) if a seat is available in relevant section/department, or he/she can get admission in our family support program (twice a week academic &/ others services sessions e.g. speech therapy, physiotherapy etc.), family support services are provided to children from 3 to 10 years of age.
- We also provide vocational skills training to youth with special needs, children up to 15 years of age are given admission if they match the admission criteria of vocational training section.
- What services do you offer to your students?
Every child is provided with the facility of detailed psycho-social and educational assessment at the time of admission, academic re-assessment is done twice a year while psycho-social and academic reassessment is done on yearly basis.
Along with academic coaching, we also provide computer education, religious education, sports & music classes, Art & cooking classes and buying & selling training. Other specialized services include daily living skills training, Speech therapy, physiotherapy, sensory integration therapy, occupational therapy, and hydrotherapy as per requirements of the child.
- What is the monthly expense for a child enrolled in your regular day school?
We spend 7500/= PKR per student per month. For deserving students, Zakat/child sponsoring schemes are also available, but family economic status is verified by the institute before offering these services to a student.
- What kind of services can you provide to a special child residing in another city?
We can offer private assessment and home plans. This service includes a detailed assessment of the child by a doctor, psychologist, speech therapist, physiotherapist and other related professionals. A detailed assessment report is prepared, based on which home plans are designed and parents/caregivers are given the practical orientation of carrying out these plans at home.
- How can I join Rising Sun Institute as a professional?
Minimum qualification for a senior teacher is master degree in Special Education / Psychology. While other professionals e.g. physiotherapist, speech therapist, sensory therapist etc. should possess a professional degree in their discipline. Experience is preferred but not compulsory.
Job openings are announced via our website and facebook page which includes required qualification, experiences and contact details.
- Can I join as a volunteer?
RSI receives volunteers from all walks of life throughout the year. You can offer your volunteer services in any department/section of the institute. Duration can range from one hour – once a week to full day – five days a week.
We also offer summer internship program especially for students of different colleges and universities. Registrations are open in months of May every year. Students interested in the internship program have to get registered before announced deadlines. The internship program is organized in summer vacations every year. At the completion of internship program, a certificate is awarded to the internees.